You’ve probably read our other blog about why selling on Amazon is worth it. And you’ve decided you’re ready to learn more about the process. But, now you want to see how much you can expect to make from selling on Amazon.
Although every business and product is different, there are some general ideas about how much money you can make by selling your products on Amazon FBA. There are a few different methods of selling on Amazon but the most popular is Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program. It’s the most popular option because it simplifies the seller’s expenses and fees. Once you choose a product to sell on Amazon, you ship your products to Amazon’s warehouse. Then, you set up your Amazon listing and Amazon handles the rest. The most fun and rewarding part of listing on Amazon is the profit, of course!
The average monthly sales amount for Amazon sellers is $1,000 each month. However, this can vary. Some people make up to $250,000 each month! Here are some statistics about Amazon sellers revenue, sales, and profits:
– About half (50.7%) of Amazon sellers make from $1,000-$25,000/month, which could mean annual sales from $12,000-$300,000.*
– One in five (20%) make $25,000-$250,000/month, amounting to annual sales between $300,000 and $3,000,000; another 3.3% make more than $250,000 in monthly sales.*
– Only 23.8% of sellers make under $1,000/month in sales, and 2.1% don’t know their monthly sales.*
Most of Amazon’s sellers (50.3%) have reached lifetime sales of more than $100,000*:
Lifetime sales $100,000-500,000: 20.5%
More than $50,000,000: 3%
When it comes to profit margins, this depends on the product that you’re selling and it’s cost to make or purchase it from a wholesaler. Here are some statistics about Amazon seller’s profit margins*:
– Two-thirds of sellers (67.2%) see profit margins higher than 10%.
– 36% see profit margins above 20%.
– 8.4% said their businesses are not yet profitable, and 5.3% did not know.
Now that you know how much money you can make in the short term, what about long term profits from Amazon?
Almost half (43.2%) of Amazon sellers have earned a lifetime profit of more than $25,000. However, 6% of Amazon sellers have become millionaires just from selling on Amazon. Are you ready to become one of that 6%?
Here are more statistics about lifetime profits for Amazon sellers:
Lifetime profits under $25,000: 38.2%
More than $10,000,000: 2%
Now that you know more about how much you could make selling on Amazon and why Amazon is worth selling on, let’s get you all set up. At Amplifyou, we can help you with Amazon PPC management, Amazon account management, and even Amazon product listing.